Ferratus surprises once again and launches Fusion 2017, a wine in which everything is special and nothing is left to chance. It is the perfect integration of soils and winemaking methods that flood it with details and make it a unique wine that will be engraved in the memory of the consumer. Another excellence of María Luisa Cuevas that launches in 2021 and that will not leave you indifferent.
Each bottle of Fusión 2017 concentrates the best of the winery. In it, terroirs and altitude vineyards of different ages are meticulously assembled and fused, giving it an innovative and special character.
This innovative character is reinforced by a meticulous winemaking process using 100% Tempranillo grapes, harvested and selected by hand, and alcoholic and malolactic fermentation in 500-liter fine grain French oak barrels with batonnage. This, and its aging for 20 months in barrels in addition to the subsequent refining in the bottle, result in this particular limited production wine that is now being launched.
But this exclusivity and detail is also evident on the outside, as the design of its bottle and packaging has been awarded a silver medal from the A’Design Award Winner Competition 2017, an international competition where the best designs and creative concepts in the world are awarded.
THE 2017 HARVEST:
Marked by a cold and dry winter followed by a spring with somewhat higher than normal temperatures. A heavy frost surprised on the night of April 27-28, when temperatures reached -6º for a long period of time. The harvest was very small, but these small-sized berries were of great quality and impeccable health, perfectly reflected in Ferratus Fusion 2017.
- Very intense cherry red, high layer, clean and bright.
- Seductive on the nose, it shows aromas of very ripe black fruit, mixed with balsamic notes, minerals, vanilla, cocoa, tobacco and sweet spices.
- The palate is also very seductive, different, full of voluptuousness and freshness. Presence of noble tannins, great balance in acidity and fresh finish. It is a very expressive wine with a long persistence, which dresses up and shows a very careful and respectful elaboration.
- Best consumed between 16 to 18º C.
This exclusive wine accepts and harmonizes to perfection the most complex harmonies
- Dishes made with spices from various parts of the world: Thai basil (sweet and spicy); the “four French spices” (black and/or white ground pepper, cloves, nutmeg and ginger; ras el hanut; tandoori masala; Baharat; the “Chinese five spices” (star anise, cinnamon, Sichuan pepper, cloves and fennel seeds); and of course coriander, licorice, rosemary and turmeric.
- Gingerbread, nut breads, or with orange zest.
- Jackfruito yaca, a fruit that has revolutionized vegan cuisine for its texture and meaty appearance.
- Dark chocolate 70%. Chocolate hummus. Cranberry and blackberry sauces. Roasted coconut, coconut milk or vanilla. Fermented foods: kimchi, sauerkraut, kefir.
- Grilled green asparagus; root vegetables (tupinambo, potato,). Shiitake, enoki, portobello, maitake, chanterelles or oyster mushrooms. Venere rice (wild black rice). Udon, noodles, and miso dishes.
- Large poultry, larger animals and wild fish with a lot of flavor such as turbot, sea bass, sea bream, San Pedro, grouper or sea bass. Ceviches. Tasty crustaceans such as lobster.